This 5 day course is ideal for beginning developers who are eager to create native applications for the Apple iPhone and iPad. This course will teach you everything you need to create your very own apps for the latest iOS devices. This is a complete soup-to-nuts course in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch programming. It starts with the basics, walking through the process of downloading and installing Xcode and the iOS 7 SDK, and then guides you though the creation of your first simple application.
From there, you’ll learn how to integrate all the interface elements iOS users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders. You’ll master a variety of design patterns, from the simplest single view to complex hierarchical drill-downs. The confusing art of table building will be demystified, and you’ll learn how to save your data using the iPhone file system. You’ll also learn how to save and retrieve your data using a variety of persistence techniques, including Core Data and SQLite. And there’s much more!
|1||Course Objectives||Everything you need to know to develop your own bestselling iPhone and iPad apps
Best practices for optimizing your code and delivering great user experiences
What data persistence is, and why it’s important
Get started with building cool, crisp user interfaces
How to display data in Table Views
How to draw to the screen using Core Graphics
How to use iOS sensor capabilities to map your world
How to get your app to work with iCloud and more
|2||Course Outline||1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. Appeasing the Tiki Gods
3. Handling Basic Interaction
4. More User Interface Fun
5. Autorotation and Autosizing
6. Multiview Applications
7. Tab Bars and Pickers
8. Introduction to Table Views
9. Navigation Controllers and Table Views
10. Collection Views
11. iPad Considerations
12. Application Settings and User Defaults
13. Basic Data Persistence
14. Hey! You! Get onto iCloud!
15. Grand Central Dispatch, Background Processing, and You
16. Core Graphics: Drawing with Quartz
17. Getting Started with Sprite Kit
18. Taps, Touches, and Gestures
19. Where Am I? Finding Your Way with Core Location and Map Kit
20. Whee! Gyro and Accelerometer!
21. The Camera and Photo Library
22. Application Localization