- Are Your Classes Instructor-led? What’s the difference attending a class from home/office or at one of your computer labs?
- Do you have a computer lab in or near my town?
- Will I get certified upon completion of my class?
- Do you accept the G.I. Bill?
- Why are your courses only 1-5 days long? That seems too short compared to a college course.
- How much do your classes cost?
- How long are your classes? How long is each class day and what are the start and end times?
- Can you provide one on one private training?
- What type of payment do you accept?
- Which course should I take?
- Do I need to have the software installed on my computer in order to take a class?
- Do you offer job placement after I’ve completed my training?
- Can I attend your public classes with a Mac computer?
1) Are Your Classes Instructor-led? What’s the difference attending a class from home/office or at one of your computer labs?
All of our public classes are taught by a remote instructor. It does not matter whether you attend from your own location (home or office) or one of our computer labs, the instructor will always be remote.
You choose whether you want to attend from your location or one of our computer lab locations. Either way, you will be taught by a real, live instructor, remotely. Learn more about our remote instruction format
Our public classes are real interactive classes and not just a pre-recorded video. Students that enroll for our courses can take them from their home or office or at computer labs in the cities listed on our Computer Lab Locations page. Our classes include an audio and visual connection so students can talk with the instructor during class as well as see their screen. The instructor can also view the student’s screen if they are having trouble and need help. During the class students will be given exercises to further help the student’s understanding of the coursework. Most of our courses also include a book that is shipped to the students prior to class.
2) Do you have a computer lab in or near my town?
This is where we have physical computer lab locations. All of our public classes are taught by a remote instructor. Read More about our Class Format. This format allows us to reduce our class cancellation rates dramatically while maintaining the best training delivery method - by a live instructor.
3) Will I get certified upon completion of my class?
You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of your course but it is not an official certification for the software. Our courses are designed to teach the programs and prepare the students to take the appropriate certifications exams. However, we do not provide certification or deliver the certification exams. Students are responsible for arranging and paying for the certification exams on their own from a third party.
4) Do you accept the G.I. Bill?
We thank you for your service, but we are not able to accept the GI Bill at this time. Since we are a training company and not specifically a school, Certstaffix Training is not an authorized institution under the G.I. Bill.
5) Why are your courses only 1-5 days long? That seems too short compared to a college course.
We are confident that we can teach our courses in the amount of class time we provide. Our experienced instructors determine how long they need to teach the entire course outline. The main difference between our classes and those offered by a college/university is that all of our class days are 7 hours long, whereas a typical class day at a college is only one hour and meets maybe twice a week. So, a 5 day class that we offer is actually 35 hours long. That 35 hours is normally stretched over the length of a semester when taken at a college/university.
6) How much do your classes cost?
The prices for our classes vary depending on the type of course, the length of the class and whether the class is a public class or a private onsite class. All of our prices can be viewed here.
7) How long are your classes? How long is each class day and what are the start and end times?
All of our live online and remote instructor-led classes are from 1 to 5 days long depending on the course and all classes are scheduled between Monday and Friday. The length of each course is listed on each individual course page below the pricing. We do not currently offer weekend open enrollment classes.
Our Live Online and Remote Instructor-led class days are 7 hours long including a lunch break and two short breaks in between. The classes start at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and end at 5 p.m. EST each day. We do not currently offer evening open enrollment classes.
Our standard onsite classes last 8 hours each day with a lunch break and two short breaks in between. The classes start at 9 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. in whatever time zone the class is taking place. Since our onsite classes are privately booked, our customers can request different hours for their class.
8) Can you provide one on one private training?
We can provide private onsite one on one training but we would still need to charge the minimum onsite price for each course which may be cost prohibitive for individuals.
9) What type of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We accept personal checks and company checks. We also accept direct deposits via bank transfer (EFT/ACH).
10) Which course should I take?
The best way for you decide which course is right for you is to look at the course description and outline provided on each individual course page on our website. If you still have questions about which course is appropriate for what you want to learn we can answer your questions and point you in the right direction. We have a live chat feature on our website. You can also call our main line to ask a question (888-330-6890) or you can click the “Ask a Question” button located below the course title on each course page.
11) Do I need to have the software installed on my computer in order to take a class?
No. We provide access to any needed software and lab environments during your class. All you need is a high speed internet connection and computer with microphone and speakers for voice over IP audio.
12) Do you offer job placement after I’ve completed my training?
We do not offer any type of job placement or career services. Our focus is strictly on technical and business training. Though we do offer training to those who are taking our courses in order to obtain skills needed to find a new job, most of our customers are people who come to us through their employer to learn software and other business skills for their current position.
13) Can I attend your public classes from home/office with a Mac computer?
Yes, however your lab environment will be PC based. We do not offer Mac version classes for any software.