In IT circles, it’s often been said that the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam is one of the most difficult tests that a professional can endure. That’s entirely true. The statistics don’t lie: Only a small percentage of test-takers pass this test the first time they take it. Fortunately, there are methods, materials, and training classes that can prepare you for success if you’re aiming for certification. When you sign up for a high-quality Cisco CCNA program like ours that covers both basic fundamentals and advanced concepts, you can increase your chances of entering that exclusive club of people who pass the exam with just one try.
What Is the Pass Rate of the CCNA Exam?
The overall pass rate for the CCNA exam is typically around 85%; the specific figure changes slightly with each new version of the test that’s published. Investing in training tools such as our hands-on CCNA training classes can give you the structured preparation that you need to increase your chances of passing the test when you take it.
How Hard Is the CCNA Exam?
Most people who take the CCNA exam consider it to be incredibly difficult, and as many as 95% of test-takers fail it on their first attempt. Make no mistake that it’s hard: Even people with relevant degrees and many who have taken CCNA certification classes still have to retake the test several times. The most seasoned IT professionals often devote themselves to preparation and take the best CCNA training classes that they can find before attempting the exam.
What’s the Best Way to Prepare for CCNA Certification?
A few key steps can help you to prepare for CCNA certification:
- Learn the basics of networks and IP addressing as well as automation and security fundamentals.
- Get experience in the field: It’s a good idea to have a year or more of experience with Cisco solutions under your belt.
- Dedicate plenty of time to studying. You might even consider taking time off from work to prepare for the exam.
- Avoid reviewing free CCNA online study guides and old versions of software, as these will only contain basic, vague, and outdated material.
- Enroll in a CCNA certification training course that will provide you with information that’s covered in the current tests and incorporate materials that originate from Cisco.
How Do I Prepare for the CCNA Certification Exam?
When you’re ready to focus on the exam itself, prepare yourself wisely:
- Take it seriously. Treat the exam as one of the most difficult exams that you will ever take. If you do this, you can reduce the amount of times that you will have to take it until you pass.
- Review what you’ve learned with practice tests that closely mirror the formal exams that you will be taking, and make sure that they cover advanced concepts. When taking these practice tests, pay special attention to what you got wrong so that you can study what you need to improve upon.
- On the day of the test, make sure you’re physically prepared for the task: Get a good night’s sleep beforehand, and eat a healthy breakfast.
How Long Does it Take to Pass the CCNA Exam?
Those who are aiming to earn CCNA credentials usually have to commit at least six months to preparation and exam-taking. Since the pass rate for first-time test-takers is notoriously low, those who sit for the exam will usually have to retake it several times before they pass. At Certstaffix Training, we’ve developed courses that help take the edge off of the exam’s difficulty. Our Cisco CCNA program includes live, instructor-led courses as well as self-paced online options. Regardless of which type of training that you choose, you can be sure that enrolling in one of our courses will give you the knowledge that you’ll need to perform to the best of your ability on exam day.
Cisco CCNA Certification Classes:
|Cisco CCNA Certification||5 days|