Attend Our Classes From Home - No Software Needed - Learn More...
SQL Querying - Advanced
by Certstaffix® Training
Length: 1 day(s) Public Class Price: $495/person (USD) Group Class Price: Request Quote Course Category: SQL | 187187 advanced-sql-querying
In this course you will compose Advanced SQL queries to retrieve desired information from a database. You will build on derived tables and common expressions, group and summarize data, explore advanced where clauses and finally write advanced queries.
This course is taught using Microsoft SQL Server, but students using versions of SQL such as Oracle or MySQL will benefit by attending. The courseware and lab environment provided will be Microsoft SQL Server.
Public Classes - Live Online at Your Location or OursHow It Works
Certstaffix® Training public classes are instructor-led, live online training you attend from your home or work or in one of our local computer labs. Our live online instructors teach you from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
- A real, live instructor teaching you from another location
- Hands-on learning with the software/skills you are being taught
- Interaction with all students in the class at other locations
- Any needed software for class provided in online lab environment
- Easy assistance from the instructor
* All Public Classes are Running Live Online as Scheduled *
Click a class date below to register & view location/attendance options.
Registrations received less than 15 days before start will be provided an eBook while print book ships.
Group Classes for Organizations - Onsite or Online How It Works
Have a group of employees needing the same training? Onsite training at your office or group live online classes are great solutions.
- An expert Instructor will either come to your office or deliver a private live online class to your students
- Course can be customized to your training needs
- Course is scheduled based on dates you provide (Subject to instructor availability)
- We usually require about 4 weeks lead time to arrange a training session
Detailed Course Topics
|Building on Subqueries, Common Table Expressions, and Unions
Using Derived Tables and Common Table Expressions
Using Derived Tables
Using Common Table Expressions
Using a Common Table Expression to Solve a Complicated Join Problem
Thinking About Performance
Advanced Joining Tables
Advanced WHERE Clauses
Restricting the Characters in Pattern Matches
Searching for Wildcards
Using WHERE Clauses with Three or More Predicates
Using NOT with Parentheses
Performing a Full-Text Search
Writing Advanced Queries
Advanced CTE Queries
Alternate CTE Syntax
Using Multiple CTEs
Referencing a CTE Multiple Times
Joining a CTE to Another CTE
Writing a Recursive Query
Data Manipulation with CTEs
Isolating Aggregate Query Logic
Correlated Subqueries in the SELECT list
Using Derived Tables
Common Table Expressions
Using CROSS APPLY and OUTER APPLY
The OUTPUT Clause
Using OUTPUT to View Data
Saving OUTPUT Data to a Table
The MERGE Statement
CUBE and ROLLUP
Pivoting Data with CASE
Using the PIVOT Function
Using the UNPIVOT Function