This is the definitive course to the Swift programming language and the iOS 9 SDK, and the source code has been updated to reflect Xcode 7 and Swift 2. You'll learn everything you need to create your very own apps for the latest iOS devices. Every single sample app in the course has been rebuilt from scratch using the latest Xcode and the latest 64-bit iOS 9-specific project templates, and designed to take advantage of the latest Xcode features.
Group Classes - Onsite at Your Office
Have a group of students? We can come onsite to your office and hold a course. Request Free Quote
Public Classes - Classes are $2,750 per student.
Upcoming Class Dates: Click each date below to register or view location/attendance options.
➥ Class Registrations Must Be Received 14 Days Prior to Class Start ➥
|Everything you need to know to develop your own bestselling iPhone and iPad apps
Utilizing Swift playgrounds
Best practices for optimizing your code and delivering great user experiences<
What data persistence is, and why it’s important
Get started with building cool, crisp user interfaces
How to display data in Table Views
How to draw to the screen using Core Graphics
How to use iOS sensor capabilities to map your world
How to get your app to work with iCloud and more
|This course is for aspiring iPhone app developers new to the Apple Swift programming language and/or the iOS SDK.
|1. Welcome to the Swift Jungle
2. Appeasing the Tiki Gods
3. Handling Basic Interaction
4. More User Interface Fun
5. Rotation and Adaptive Layout
6. Multiview Applications
7. Tab Bars and Pickers
8. Introduction to Table Views
9. Navigation Controllers and Table Views
10. Collection Views
11. iPad Considerations
12. Application Settings and User Defaults
13. Basic Data Persistence
14. Hey! You! Get onto iCloud!
15. Grand Central Dispatch, Background Processing, and You
16. Core Graphics: Drawing with Quartz
17. Getting Started with Sprite Kit
18. Taps, Touches, and Gestures
19. Where Am I? Finding Your Way with Core Location and Map Kit
20. Whee! Gyro and Accelerometer!
21. The Camera and Photo Library
22. Application Localization