Attend Our Classes From Home - No Software Needed - Learn More...
Introductory Statistics - Basic
by Certstaffix® Training
Length: 1 day(s) Public Class Price: $445/person (USD) Group Class Price: Request Quote Course Category: Business Statistics | 189189 statistics-basic
The purpose of this course is to gain a fundamental understanding of statistics, how to properly select data and design experiments as well as summarization of data. This course is designed for those people who need a refresher in the basic understanding of statistics and those who wish to learn better how to summarize their data.
Public Classes - Live Online at Your Location or OursHow It Works
Certstaffix® Training public classes are instructor-led, live online training you attend from your home or work or in one of our local computer labs. Our live online instructors teach you from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
- A real, live instructor teaching you from another location
- Hands-on learning with the software/skills you are being taught
- Interaction with all students in the class at other locations
- Any needed software for class provided in online lab environment
- Easy assistance from the instructor
Click a class date below to register & view location/attendance options.
Group Classes for Organizations - Onsite or Online How It Works
Have a group of employees needing the same training? Onsite training at your office or group live online classes are great solutions.
- An expert Instructor will either come to your office or deliver a private live online class to your students
- Course can be customized to your training needs
- Course is scheduled based on dates you provide (Subject to instructor availability)
- We usually require about 4 weeks lead time to arrange a training session
Detailed Course Topics
|Design of Experiments
This class will include topics that will enable the user to learn the uses and abuses of statistics as well as learn the different methods of sampling and how to set up a proper study design before collection of data to ensure minimization of potential biases. Topics include:
Uses and Abuses of Statistics
The Nature of Data
Types of Errors
Setting up Appropriate Studies
Summarizing Data Numerically and Graphically
The focus of this topic is to find different ways to summarize the data that is collected in the most common ways, both in a graphical sense and numerical sense, including measures of central tendency and variability. Topics include:
Measures of Center
Measures of Variability
Choosing the best chart and measures of center
Prerequisite: Basic Excel Knowledge